Document Authentication/ Power of Attorney
As provided under Ethiopian law (proclamation no.95/2015) to authenticate a document means “to sign and affix a seal by witnessing the signing of a new document by the person who has prepared such document or the person it concern and after ascertaining that this formality is fulfilled; or to sign and affix a seal on an already signed document by ascertaining its authenticity through an affidavit or specimen signature and/or seal”.
The document authentication service under this section requires the person requesting the service to appear in person and sign a new document in front of a consular officer by fulfilling the following requirements: –
- Bring 3 (three) copies of new prepared power of attorney or revocation, contractual agreement, will, minute of a meeting, Memorandum of Association, Article of Association, declaration or any other similar documents.
- A duly completed and signed application form (Click here to download the form).
- A copy of valid Ethiopian Passport and Green Card or work permit and for non-residents I-94
- A copy of Foreign passport or Ethiopian origin ID
- $62.00 per document for holders of valid Ethiopian Passport or Ethiopian Origin ID
- $95.00 per document for holders of valid Foreign Passport
- Service fees must only be made by money order or casher check payable to Consulate of Ethiopia
Note: – The service could be processed in 20 minutes.